Target Intervention Project
Target Intervention Project is being executed by UPVHA for the last 11 years in Ambedkar Nagar district. This project is funded by UP State Aids Control Society (UPSACS). The target population under this project is female sex workers and UPVHA works with 300 FSWs to save them from risk of HIV infection.
- Community Mobilization: The team of UPVHA continuously works at community level and provides information to community
- Health and HIV Checkups: Regular health checkups, HIV testing of selected high risk groups (HRGs), medicines and general medical check of HRGs provided
- DIC Activities: Cultural programme organized through HRGs on time to time. They also do various activities like cultural dance, songs etc. During the programme, information given about symptoms of HIV infection
- Training: Training organized for the staff to build capacity
- Health Camps in Slums: Health camps organized with the objective to know about the situation of HIV in the people of slums
- Health Camps for Migrant People