Premature babies, delayed development, and autism are common in countries such as India. Such children perish and lose all opportunities if they are not taken care of at the appropriate time.
Premature babies, delayed development, and autism are common in developing countries such as India. This is caused by genetic factors or a lack of access to basic services. Parents with disabled children are unsure of the organisations that can help them. As a result, the child’s communication through speech and language is delayed because he or she is not exposed to the necessary educational programme. Such children perish and lose all opportunities if they are not cared of at the appropriate time.
What We Wish to Seek
We wish to mainstream and rehabilitate in one year period 25 delayed development children from 2 to 10 years age in Lucknow district of Uttar Pradesh.
How Will It Work?
We will help children with special needs develop and gain confidence by communicating with others. Early detection and counselling of such children will enable them to express themselves freely and interact with society. We also wish to change society’s attitude toward such children, making them more accepting and helpful.
What Will We Do?
- Providing therapies and educational techniques specific to the children’s needs
- Encouraging children to participate in sports and extra-curricular activities
- Providing medical rehabilitation and clothing assistance
- Help children find and focus on their strengths and special abilities
- Encouraging the parents and society to be more involved and accepting towards children with special needs